Grow the impact and reach of your charity by having sound systems in place and the right support available as and when you need it.
We’re so much more than bean-counters. Why do our support services enable charities to flourish?
Experience & unique insight
We’re charity and not-for-profit experts and trainers. We’ve worked with a variety of charities over the years and have picked up unique insights that you won’t find elsewhere.
Online only, if need be
Not enough time to meet regularly in person? Our practice is completely online and so our team can help from anywhere in the world at a time to suit you.
Interim staff cover or project based
We can provide short-term finance team cover – for example, in the event of unplanned absences such as sickness or to bridge the gap between recruitment of team members – giving you peace of mind that critical finance functions can continue uninterrupted.
Save time. Improve record keeping
Our systems review smooths the admin process and reduces input tasks within your finance function – giving you the most precious gift, time.
Our management consultancy services are perfect for those specific, short-term pieces of work you’ve been meaning to get around to but never seem to have the time to address. Perhaps you do not necessarily wish to engage your external auditors beyond their annual compliance support but feel you do not have the expertise needed in-house to take things forward. Our no obligation initial consultation meeting offers the chance to meet with one of our specialist advisors to see how we may be able to help you reduce that ‘to-do’ list.
Interim finance management support
- Help! Our finance manager is leaving. Can you cover the essentials – payroll, VAT, management accounts? Can you advise us on recruiting a new finance manager and even sit in on the interview panel?
Project based management consultancy
- We have a brand new management team, and we need to get up to speed straight away. Can you help?
- Can you review our accounting system and train us in how to make better use of it, or help us identify whether a new one is needed?
- We’re not sure about how best to produce our budgets efficiently – across projects or at an organisational level. Can we get support on how to do this?
- We need a mini internal audit – a review of our financial systems and controls. Is that possible?
- We’re considering a change of status – can you come and present options at our next board meeting?
The answer to all of the above questions is “yes”….
Consultancy support could include:
- Working with prospective trustees to establish and register a new charity
- Review of existing accounting software and implementation of enhanced financial and reporting functions to improve financial visibility and reduce the time spent by the finance team on monthly processes
- Internal audit – review of a charity’s internal systems and controls to identify strengths and weaknesses and make recommendations for improvement
- Transition to a cloud accounting solution – a phased adoption of cloud technology to streamline your internal financial processes
- Establishment of a trading subsidiary
- Membership scheme review – a look at your membership structure and renewal processes and making recommendations for membership growth and development – including the use of Gift Aid
- Advising the trustees on the implications of alternative sources of funding and/ or finance
Have something in mind not mentioned above? get in touch to see how we can help
Our migration to QuickBooks Online and Receipt Bank was very straight forward with very little input from the charity. This was fantastic for the charity because the migration was quick and painless. Jen and team were available every step of the way and provided lots of help and advice when we created a new SORP 2015 compliant chart of accounts for the new system. Whilst setting up the new coding structure in the new system we have really benefited from working with an expert in charities because Jen has been able to draw on her experience of the charity sector and provide us with advice on how to account for certain things from a charity perspective and also from an audit perspective. Jen Gerrard and team are a pleasure to work with and have provided us with invaluable knowledge and support over the past few months and will continue to do so moving forwards – this has been of real benefit to the Charity. Three months post migration, the different departments within the Charity are seeing the benefit of the system and our Management Information Officer has found that there is already a time saving benefit.”
Christine Mills MBE, Founder and Trustee, Hope For Tomorrow
All consultancy is charged on a day rate – get in touch for a quote.