Download our latest charity newsletter
In this issue we consider the impact of fundraising regulation, relevant consultations and legislative changes. We also include an update on free and low cost training for charities on fundraising matters.
Do get in touch if you require any guidance on charity issues.
We are thrilled to announce that our Managing Director, Jen Gerrard, has been nominated for Practice Ignition’s Top 50 Influential Women in Accounting. Watch this space for further announcements!
Receipt Bank’s new features
Receipt Bank’s recent iOS and Android mobile app updates include the option to pinch and zoom on the receipt image. Elsewhere, whilst you are working through your inbox via your web browser, you are now able to sort the categories using a new third option.
Get the full low-down here.
QuickBooks Online – bank feed update
NatWest and RBS Business bank customers can now connect their accounts directly to QBO – exciting times! Read more here.
iOS app update and latest blog
Some iOS users experienced problems with selecting locations from the Google address drop-down on the “from” and “to” locations on the Add Trip page. The updated app is now available, to be downloaded, on the Apple store. Android users will not have experienced this issue.
Tripcatcher’ latest blog “VAT on mileage expenses – how to claim” has been published on their website and you can read it here.
Visit our blog page to stay more regularly up to date with Sector goings on, GFC news, cloud accounting developments and free stuff! Check out some of our recent offerings:
- Your charity FAQs answered – Property accounting and asset leasing
- How to structure your charity’s chart of accounts – part 1 – income and expenditure
- How to structure your charity’s chart of accounts – part 2 – accounting for funded capital spend and transfers between funds
- Charity compliance and consultations review – monthly updates:
- July 2017 – Fundraising Preference Service, OSCR updates and more
- August 2017 – SORP 2019, governance and GASDS
- September 2017 – Independent Examination guidance updated, Annual Return 2018 consultation
- October 2017 – regulatory reporting, CIO conversion legislation
- November 2017 – key charity consultations, OTS tax review and more
The free stuff
Help yourself to some of our jolly useful resources:
- Chart of Accounts – free sample downloads:
- Charity SORP 2015 income and expenditure categories helpsheet
- Cloud accounting – getting started guide and checklist – click here
- QBO user tips download – work smarter not harder
- Excel tips – Formulae guide handout for busy Finance Managers
- Excel tips – Handy keyboard shortcuts handout for your desktop
- Auto Enrolment guide
- Childcare Schemes – employee letter templates for: